Fundacion Instituto Gerontologico Matia - Ingema (ING)
|Fundacion Instituto Gerontologico Matia - Ingema || |
|Responsible Person: Javier Yanguas |
|Role/Responsibilities: Contributions on User Requirements, Usability testing, Field trials and Ethic and legal rules. |
Ingema Foundation is a private, non-profit initiative established in 2001 for the development and transfer of interdisciplinary scientific knowledge in the context of aging and disability. The objective of this research centre is to maximise personal autonomy, independence, health and quality of life of the elderly, the disabled and their caregivers.
Ingema Foundation has six nursing homes, four day care centres, one geriatric hospital, an outpatients department, and seven physical rehabilitation centres as well as other services aimed at helping the elderly and the disabled. It has also developed an important network with different interdisciplinary health and research centres, all of which enable Ingema Foundation to have the following:
- Promotion of active ageing and prevention of dependency
- Rehabilitation and compensation of frailty and dependency
- E-health and home care
- Broad knowledge and extensive experience regarding the elderly, with varying profiles: healthy people or those who are physically or cognitively disable, etc.
- Direct contact with end users: users in gerontological and day care centres, as well as elderly and disabled people who live in their own homes.
- Different scenarios in which to carry out usability tests (homes, gerontological centres and the laboratory)
- Extensive experience in aspects related to data privacy and ethics, through its Ethics and Research Committees.